All students enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing are eligible to apply for need-based financial aid. Annually, applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete the Wartburg Seminary Financial Aid Supplemental application. Current and incoming students may request financial aid and scholarship information at any time by contacting the Financial Aid Office.
To apply for financial aid at Wartburg Theological Seminary (WTS), follow these step-by-step directions:
1. Obtain or retrieve your federal PIN number. The student needs to have a PIN to electronically sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A PIN can be applied for before filing the FAFSA at www.pin.ed.gov or while completing the FAFSA. Once a person has a PIN number, they can use it throughout their seminary career. Keep it safe and handy, or memorize it.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically using the WTS school code of G01897. On this website, it is advised that you read through the section titled "Before Beginning a FAFSA." We recommend that students submit an application by April 15th to receive an aid notification at the earliest possible date. Once completed, print a copy of the FAFSA for your records. The WTS Financial Aid office will receive a report electronically.
3. Complete the WTS Financial Aid Supplemental application.
4. Apply for all outside sources of assistance for which you are eligible. Community organizations, congregations and synods often give awards and/or matching grants based on vocational call, financial need, academic achievement or membership. The Financial Aid Office also maintains a list of outside scholarships.
5. If there are special circumstances that affect your ability to contribute towards your educational expenses, please notify the Financial Aid Office.
Award notifications will be mailed on a rolling basis as admissions and financial aid files are completed to accepted and continuing students beginning in March.
WTS Financial Aid Handbook