Welcome, and thank you for considering Wartburg Theological Seminary for your theological education! Please know that the Department for Vocation is available to answer any questions you might have about either the application or the candidacy process. Call us at 1-800-CALL-WTS (225-5987) or e-mail. We estimate the on-line application takes 45-60 minutes to complete. In order to complete the application as quickly and efficiently as possible, please have the following items available:
● Name, address, and phone number(s) of the person(s) to be contacted on your behalf in the event of an emergency
● Address and phone number of your home congregation
● The region and synod to which you belong
● All colleges you attended: location, dates attended, degree, and graduation date, and cumulative G.P.A.
● Academic and non-academic honors you have received
● Employment history
● Amounts of educational and personal debt
● Names, addresses, and phone numbers for those persons you have asked to be a reference*. We require the following people as references:
- pastor of your home congregation
- a faculty person
- a lay member of your congregation
Click here to view Entrance Requirements.
In addition to the application, you will also need to provide:
- your autobiography (this may be your candidacy essay)
- official transcripts of all academic work
- 3 references
- a recent photo of yourself
All application materials may be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by mail using this address:
Wartburg Theological Seminary
333 Wartburg Place
PO Box 5004
Dubuque, IA 52004-5004
1-800-CALL-WTS (225-5987) Fax: 563-589-0333 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference forms are in pdf format.
MDiv/MA Degree Application
This form is for the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Arts - Diaconal Ministry and Master of Arts - Associate in Ministry programs.
This form is for TEEM students only.
Certificate Program Application
This form is for the "Town and Country Church Leadership", "Youth and Family Ministry" and "Theology and Congregational Leadership" certificate programs.
This form is for non-degree seeking students (i.e. international students, Lutheran year students and students who take an occasional course).