Wartburg Theological Seminary announces the implementation of a Hispanic Ministry Concentration for Master of Divinity students, beginning with the 2011-2012 Academic Year. This concentration will equip graduates with capacity for doing pastoral ministry in the Spanish language. The concentration builds leadership competence for intercultural ministry with Hispanic people. A total of 14 credits are devoted to Spanish language and intercultural competence in the concentration, including participation in significant cross-cultural immersions. Professor Jay Alanis and Professor Eliseo Perez Alvarez of the Lutheran Seminary Program of the Southwest will serve among the instructors for this concentration.
Course options and immersions within the concentration include:
• Introduction to Spanish Language; Spanish Language for Ministry 1 and 2
• Spanish Practicum 1, 2 and 3
• Online and January-Term coursework with Cultural Encuentro (LSPS) in Austin, Texas
• January-Term Mexico Immersion
• Final year – Ministry in Spanish Language Capstone taught by LSPS faculty