Through the setting of an intentional Christian community, youth participants will be challenged to live out the Gospel and ask themselves, "How am I being called to lead?"
Our seminary faculty and students serve as guides as they walk alongside the youth through experiential education, Biblical and theological study, dynamic worship, service and community life. Youth will experience a range of perspectives from the Wartburg campus to 30 feet up in the air as they step out in faith on our High Ropes Adventure Course.
Cost: Young people who are nominated and accepted to participate in the school will pay a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold a spot. The rest of the cost per participant is TBD.
Do you have youth in your congregation that may already be leaders, or who have leadership potential? Please nominate them for WYLS. You may nominate up to three youth who have completed 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade. Click here for online nomination form.
Are you ready to experience the ultimate faith journey as you share 7 days of adventure, service, study, leading, and worship with other youth who are asking themselves, "How am I being called to lead?"
Please talk to your pastor or youth leader about WYLS nomination if you are ready to:
- Explore Christian baptism, Community, Service, Gifts, and Calling with members of our seminary faculty!
- Journey with awesome seminary students who are open for conversation about anything and everything!
- Study the Bible and theology to learn that for Christ’s sake God welcomes all!
- Lead others in service!
- Worship in the Castle Chapel, with opportunity to plan and lead services!
- Experience a high ropes course!
- Explore how you can serve your church, community, and the world!
WYLS Program Coordinator, Anna Dykeman
c/o Center for Youth Ministries
Wartburg Theological Seminary
333 Wartburg Place
Dubuque, IA 52003