Youth are invited to experience the ultimate faith journey as they share in adventure, service, study, leading, and worship in a combined 10 days as the participate in the Wartburg Youth Leadership School (WYLS) on the Wartburg Seminary campus and the ELCA Youth Gathering in Detroit, Michigan.
Participants consider the ULTIMATE YOU: Who claims You? Who Calls You? Who Sends You? Through the setting of an intentional Christian community, the youth are challenged to live out the Gospel and ask themselves, "How am I being called to lead?"
Cost: Young people who are nominated and accepted to participate in the school will pay a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold a spot. The total cost is $750 per participant, which includes deposit and trip to Detroit.
Do you have youth in your congregation that may already be leaders, or who have leadership potential? Please nominate them to paricipate in WYLS and the ELCA Youth Gathering. You may nominate up to three youth who have completed 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade. Click here for online nomination form.
Are you ready to experience the ultimate faith journey as you share 10 days of adventure, service, study, leading, and worship with other youth who are asking themselves, "How am I being called to lead?"
Please talk to your pastor or youth leader about nomination if you are ready to:
- Explore Christian baptism, Community, Service, Gifts, and Calling with members of our seminary faculty!
- Journey with awesome seminary students who are open for conversation about anything and everything!
- Study the Bible and theology to learn that for Christ’s sake God welcomes all!
- Lead an activity in the interaction center at the ELCA Youth Gathering.
- Worship in the Castle Chapel, with opportunity to plan and lead services!
- Play together as you bat, bowl, field, and discover gifts you never knew you had in a Cricket Match.
- Explore how you can serve your church, community, and the world!
WYLS - Center for Youth Ministries
Wartburg Theological Seminary
333 Wartburg Place
Dubuque, IA 52003