Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry (Level II Intensive)
Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry (Level II Intensive): June 11-16, 2017
This level II Intensive is designed for leaders in congregations where consideration is given to starting Hispanic Ministries in the community. This course is hosted on the campus of the Episcopal Seminary Program in the Southwest in Austin beginning Sunday evening, June 11, 2017 at 5 pm and ending Friday, June 16th, 2017 at noon.
Teams of three from congregations are encouraged to attend. Teams will learn:
- To increase capacity for doing Hispanic ministry.
- To learn several models for engaging in Hispanic ministry in congregational settings.
- To improve facility in Spanish language, especially liturgical Spanish.
- To build a cohort of colleagues preparing for Hispanic ministry within their community.
- To avoid cultural violence in mission development.