Distributed Learning combines online coursework (through either live video interaction in the classroom or through video streaming and online forums) and on-campus intensive classes (one intensive per semester) where students and faculty participate in community both online and face to face throughout the course of study. Distributed Learners may work with the seminary toward fieldwork/internship placement close to home and are free to choose clinical pastoral education (CPE) sites that will work best for their situation.
- Dynamic online learning that engages residential, distributed learning, and collaborative learning communities.
- Engage an innovative learning model based in the context of the real world.
- Dedicated financial aid for distributed learners.
- Two, one-week intensives that engage faculty and fellow learners face-to-face.
- Intentional Student Support – faculty advisor and ELCA candidacy liaison.