Research Tools to Try First
Internet Resources: (You will need your username and MyWTS ID number to log in)
- ATLA Religion Database Serials Plus (EBSCOhost): ATLASerials PLUS has over 450 full-text journals in many diverse areas of religion and theology, with full-text content in 16 languages from more than 33 different countries. ATLAS PLUS includes all of the titles in ATLASerials and 130+ additional full-text titles.
How To Use ATLA
- Classic Sermon Index: Indexes and searches over 50,000 historic sermons.
- Credo Reference: Credo Reference has over 2 million full text articles in 698 reference books from 102 publishers. It includes a special search for Religion & Theology.
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection: Search our ever growing EBSCO eBook Collection! Many newer required and recommended eBooks may be found here.
- EBSCOhost: Offers a variety of proprietary full-text databases and popular databases. Its major resources include ATLA Religion database with ATLA Serials, New Testament Abstracts, Old Testament Abstracts, eBook Collection, and American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection Series 1-5.
American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection Series 1.
American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection Series 2.
American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection Series 3.
American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection Series 4.
American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection Series 5.
How To Use EBSCOhost
- EBSCOhost mobile: EBSCOhost Mobile has the following features available: Basic Searching, HTML and PDF Full Text, Search Modes, Limiters, Image Quick View, Image Collection, Emailing Articles, Preferences, Multi-database Searching. Designed to work with most mobile devices that can access the internet.
How To Use EBSCO Mobile
- Encyclopedia of Martin Luther and the Reformation: a comprehensive global study of the life and work of Martin Luther and the movements that followed him—in history and through today. The work also discusses Luther’s controversies and topics such as gender, sexuality, and race.
- Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception Online: This resource is a research tool for people interested in biblical studies. The resource is edited by a team of international scholars, each of who are experts in their academic fields.
- Gale Databases: Has a number of databases to search including Academic OneFile, Diversity Studies Collection, Fine Arts and Music Collection, and Gender Studies Collection. Also includes Books & Authors and Chilton Library.
- Loehe Bibliography: Includes Reu Memorial Library’s collection of Loehe books found in the circulation, rare book, archive collections. This bibliography contains books/periodicals written about Loehe and some written by Loehe.
- Luther’s Works: Online full-text version of Luther’s Works. Click on Search to get advanced search options.
- New Interpreter’s Bible: Offers critically sound biblical interpretations.
- New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible: Provides historical, chronological, archaeological, geographical, social, theological, and biographical aspects of the Bible.
- Additional Resources from Abingdon: For Abingdon New Testament and Old Testament Commentaries, click on ‘Biblical Commentary’ then ‘New Testament.’ For Interpreting Biblical Texts series, click on ‘Biblical Studies’ then ‘Jesus, the Gospels & Acts.’ These are the resources recommended by our New Testament professor for students in our New Testament courses.
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online: Integrates authoritative scholarly texts and reference works with tools that provide ease of research.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online: Provides subject area bibliographies.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Martin Luther: Collaboration of the leading scholars in the field of Reformation research and the thought, life, and legacy of influence of Martin Luther.
- Oxford Handbooks Online Religion: Includes a number of Oxford Handbooks including Biblical Studies, Feminist Theology, Global Religions, Holocaust Studies, Martin Luther’s Theology.
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online: Provides reference material with translations of the Qur’an, maps, and images.
- Oxford Research Encyclopedia in Religion: Scholarly research encyclopedia which is updated regularly.
- Research in Ministry Online: Abstracts of project reports and theses from Doctor of Ministry degree programs.
- Transparent Language Online: Learn a language! You will need to create your own username and password to save your work.