The TEEM curriculum includes:
- Hebrew Bible 1 (Torah and Psalms)
- Hebrew Bible 2 (Prophets and Wisdom)
- New Testament 1 (Gospels and Revelation)
- New Testament 2 (Pauline and Pastoral Epistles)
- Church History
- Lutheran Confessions and Mission
- Systematic Theology 1 and 2
- Lutheran Ethics
- Lutheran Leadership, Ecclesiology, and Church Polity
- Preaching 1 and 2
- Lutheran Worship
- Educational Ministry
- Pastoral Care
- Contextual Ministry (including stewardship and evangelism)
- One Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Mentoring in partnership with home Synod
NEW – Beginning Fall Semester 2017 – One-Year Scheduling of TEEM Courses. TEEM courses will now be scheduled to repeat once a year for every requirement. See this document to see this scheduling sequence.
Candidates may meet requirements for the Wartburg TEEM curriculum through multiple methods:
- Intensive courses on the Wartburg campus five to six courses per year: usually one-two courses during a fall weekend, and two courses during two separate summer weeks.
- Through designated TEEM online courses. Three-four online courses are typically offered each semester.
- Through a limited number of designated Masters level courses held on the Wartburg campus during the fall and spring semesters.
- Through designated Masters level online courses provided by WTS.
Normally TEEM candidates will complete at least half of their courses on campus.
TEEM Internship Lay Committee Handbook
For More Information
please contact: Rev. Amy Current, Dean for Vocation at