Prolog week is a mix of homecoming and reunion, deep learning and classroom engagement, and the spirit of rally Sunday and new beginnings. It is with great joy that we welcome students from all over the US (and one student from Germany!) home to campus for prolog week. Most students will be at the castle, some for the first time. We are working hard to meaningfully connect and welcome those coming to campus and those who will join online due to concerns about the COVID-19 virus.
This is a full week and below are some of the WTS Fall 2021 Prolog Highlights:
Labor Day Kick Off or “Rally Sunday on Monday”
- New & Returning Student Lunch
- New Student Orientation
- Opening Worship & President’s Reception
Tuesday through Friday
- Morning & Afternoon Classes
- These 2 hour sessions are for diving deep into the world of theology, Biblical interpretation, ethics, church leadership, and worship.
Daily Chapel and Community Time
- Worship and prayer grounds and centers each day and the WTS community.
Meetings & Gatherings
- There are daily opportunities to learn about contextual education milestones like internship and fieldwork, for academic advisors to meet with students, different cohorts to gather, and students to organize as classes.
- Evening is time to relax and celebrate being together.
- Thursday evening is the big community cookout and celebration with food, games, and entertainment followed by Beer and Theology (a WTS tradition).
- The other evenings are intentionally kept open for impromptu campfires, dinners out, and other adventures. During prolog week, WTS students create a culture where people easily invite and join in.